Disinfectants, sanitizers, desks, partitions, paints, notebooks, computers, markers, furnishings.
A policy guidance memo to help you find and use low-emissions, low toxicity products which will help promote healthy Indoor Air (IAQ), and reduce exposures in schools associated with asthma, headaches, rashes, eye and skin irritation, and as well cancer.
This Toolkit also offers related information on Safer Disinfectants, GreenWashing, aka, false environmental marketing claims, and on other topics from the Work Group on Green Cleaning and Chemical Policy Reform in Schools.
- NY State 5th Progress Report on Green Procurement 2017
- MA 20th Anniversary Report on EPP 2016
- Healthy Purchasing for Healthy Schools Memo 2013
- Healthy Schools Network's Lead-Free Electronics Fact Sheet for Schools and Parents
- Safer Products and Practices for Disinfecting and Sanitizing Surfaces 2014
- Healthy Schools Network's Sanitizers and Disinfectants Guide 2001, 2012, 2014
- TX District Cites Savings with Green Products
- The Seven Sins of Greenwashing
- US EPA Sustainable Green Products
- US EPA Design for the Environment (DFE) Label: Office of the Inspector General Report 2014
- “Increase Your Green: People, Planet, and Profits,” School Business Affairs magazine, Jan. 2015